Las Vegas is home to a sizable population of pet dogs as well as a significant number of exotic animals including monkeys and lions.
Regardless of whether an animal is domesticated, certain circumstances may result in it attacking a person and causing severe injuries or even wrongful death. If you were hurt or a family member died due to a dog bite or animal attack, the Las Vegas personal injury attorneys at Lloyd Baker Attorneys are ready to help you pursue just financial compensation.
Steps to Follow after an Animal Attack
Dog bites and attacks by exotic pets are often the result of the owner negligence. If you or a loved one suffers harm in a dog or exotic pet attack, taking the following steps can help support your personal injury lawsuit:
- Seek immediate medical attention; if necessary, we can refer you to a physician
- Alert local authorities to report the attack
- Gather contact information for any witnesses
- Identify the animal and owner if possible
- Take photos or video of your injuries and, if possible, the animal and location where the attack occurred
- Do not provide statements to the animal’s owner or caretaker
- Do not provide statements to the insurance company of the animal’s owner or caretaker
- Do not sign any documentation from insurance providers
- Contact the Las Vegas dog bite and animal attack attorneys at Lloyd Baker
Compensation in Animal Attack Cases
A dog bite or animal attack can cause both serious injury and lingering emotional trauma. Financial compensation in animal attack injuries may include money for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Psychological counseling
If you were hurt or a family member was killed in an animal attack, please contactLloyd Baker Attorneys for your free case consultation. Our dog bite and animal attack attorneys can meet you at your hospital room or home to discuss your legal options with you. We value lifelong clients, if you have been injured in an accident we want to be the one firm you call.